As we begin to emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, many clients still have lingering concerns about the impact on their charters. At FYLY Yachting, we are working closely with our CA yacht owners and our clients to resolve any issues that may arise with upcoming charters.
The COVID-19 pandemic is a situation that no one could have predicted. This is forcing everyone to re-evaluate plans and make many changes and sacrifices. During this time, it’s important that we all work together for the health of our clients, employees, crews, and our greater community while ensuring the viability of our industry coming out of this global crisis. Please work with us as we do our very best to navigate this situation and help you with your charter.
We have introduced the following cancellation policies for Bareboat and Crewed charters. We have COVID-19 safety measures in place on board our yachts and we can facilitate PCR-tests if it is required for your return flight home.
BAREBOAT YACHT CHARTERS
In the case of official travel restrictions due to COVID-19, we offer a reschedule of the charter to later in the 2021 season or the 2022 summer season under the following conditions:
- The rescheduled charter shall be completed within twelve (12) months of the end date of the original charter period.
- Balance payment is changed to one month prior to new rescheduled departure dates.
- Charterers can reschedule to any yacht in the FYLY Yachting fleet.
- The charter rate remains unchanged if the same yacht is rescheduled in the same period of year as their original charter. However, if the charter is rescheduled at other times or a different type of yacht chosen, the charter rate will be that of the current advertised season rate for the yacht and the difference will be paid by CHARTERER.
- FYLY Yachting shall have no liability for any travel or accommodation expenses of the CHARTERER or any of the CHARTERER’s guests (including, without limitation, any cost or expense of any hotels, transportation ashore, flights, and the like) incurred as a result of such re-scheduling and (if applicable) suspension.
COVID-19 CREWED YACHT CHARTER POLICY
In the case of an official government restricted travel ban, due to COVID-19, be it for either incoming or departures, by the country of residence, the country of charter embarkation, or country of charter disembarkation of the CHARTERER, as noted on page one of the Agreement, prior to the commencement of the CHARTER PERIOD, the CHARTERER & OWNER shall agree in writing to re-schedule the original CHARTER PERIOD to a one-time mutually agreed charter period either later in the 2021 season or to the 2022 season.
FYLY Yachting Team